Thursday, February 11, 2010


Oh Yea, Lefty
Im glad that my parents did not force me to change to right-handed during childhood which some of them do. Why do some parents try to change their children for not being lefty? I google'd and found some of these possible reasons
1) Left-handed were discriminated during 18th and 19th centuries
2) In the Middle Ages, writing with left hand was punished by death
3) Left-handed tend to be more clumsier when they're handling some everyday task


Seriously, i have no idea why do the earlier centuries boycott those left-handed. How bad would it be? and in fact its a natural gift doesnt it? But im quite agree with the 3rd point. When i were a kid, i tends to draw the tick to the left instead of right, it takes me quite some time to coordinate my brain with my hand to draw it in a correct way XD I cant cut with some "dumb scissors", I cant peel with one-side peeler, I smudge my writing if the ink doesnt dry fast ( so ink pen is a NONO for me except G-2), I write Zhongkai from right to left to avoid the smudging thing, The first time I hold the computer mouse, i hold it with left hand which make no sense and of course im now good with right hand. 


So, i did google'd some facts of lefty which i found it quite interesting:

1) A lefty is less likely to be able to roll their tongue than a right-handed person. 
(roar! its so true, i cant roll my tongue zzz) 

2) Older mothers are more likely to give birth to left-handed children.
(mayb this is the reason for me being a lefty, my mom wasnt young when she born me) 

3) Presidents George HW Bush and President Obama are both left-handed
(ngek ngek, so im the president neo in future? lols, crap XD ) 

4) Lefty are usually pretty good at most ball sports and things involving hand-to-eye coordination.
(nah, i suck in sports =X ) 

5) Left-handeds' Day is August 13th
( so?... ) 

6) There are twice as many left-handed boys than girls

7) There is a high tendency in twins for one to be left-handed

8) Left-handed are generally more intelligent, better looking, imaginative and multi-talented.
( ahahahaa **shy, lols ) 

9) Left-handed stroke victims recover faster than right-handed stroke victims
( its a good news i assume.....)

...but not after the next fact

10) Left-handed people live, on average, 9 years shorter than right-handed people do.
( oh gosh!!!!!)

But im still proud to be a lefty =)
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment